- New TV and
- New entertainment center
But doesn't that just sound too good to be true? So add to the total...
- 10-store, 6-hour furniture hunt (with kids in tow) to appease our...
- Criteria of 8 factors we deem necessary for our new entertainment center (ranging from kid-friendly to well-built to aesthetic)
- Rearrangement of furniture throughout house, while conducting...
- Assembly of wooden furniture
- Random tantrums by babe and toddler (well-deserved and understandable)
- Many words of frustration voiced
- House strewn about with hammers, TV cables, 2 loads of laundry, toys, dozens of books
(Visualize:
"Where'd Mari go? I left her rolling around on the floor right here."
Quick scan of chaotic room.
"Oh wait, isn't that her chewing on the lamp cord, half-way laying on the hammer, and rolling dangerously close to the teetering pile of 9 books? Oh, and did she just spit up on that load of laundry I just washed?")
Ah, what we do so Grace can view Curious George in clear detail, rather than watch the monkey through a snow storm. Oh, and to enhance Janson's news-viewing pleasure.
At some point I will enjoy the infamous electronic device and wooden piece of art it rests on, but for now I cringe at a mere glance. I will admit that it made for a nice viewing of The Bucket List last night; some humor was definitely in order.
Next time we will forego our patriotism and simply pay bills.
5 comments:
Pay bills? Well the new tv set sounds nice too :)
That would have been really fun to take pictures of your little ones. I didn't even think of it. If I'm ever out there I'll keep you in mind. If you know anyone that needs a wedding photographer in Chicago pass them my way and if I go out there I'll photograph your family for free. :)
I've been thinking about putting up some kind of calendar of events, I'm not too afraid of stalkers .. yet ... should I be afraid????? :)
That ios awesome that you guys could go and get those things for your house. We have to pay off so many bills with our check that we are getting next month!! lol So do you know where to get those toilet locks? We looked at Kmart and they didn't have them there.
so, do we get to see a picture of this monstrous masterpiece?! i guess i shouldn't have rang and run the other night, eih? ;)
That was a great post. I wish we would've done something cool with our tax thingy...I think we just stuck it into our account and have probably used it for rent or something.
But I hope you're enjoying your new entertainment center and TV. Yeah - you should put a picture of it on your bloggie!
Lynn- Brad broke our first piece of assembly required furniture- but it can be fixed thankfully. We have decided to forgo assembly items too much frustration. I enjoy reading your blog and fyi I updated mine it's just been a whirlwind since the wedding. Love ya
Post a Comment