I detest a stagnant blog, so here is a new post. Our lives are definitely filled with unusual material to blog about, but in my post-op state (To answer the inevitable questions: laminectomy, discectomy, related spinal headache and possible spinal fluid leak) I am unable to even lie on my back to make use of a laptop. So picture me manually punching in the letters of this post on my iPod touch. Side note: I highly recommend these fun gadgets to both the bedridden and not. Thank you, dear husband, for so unselfishly giving me yours so you had no choice but to buy a newer version for yourself. What sacrifice! :)
Motherhood- when can I get back to it?! It's been nearly three months since my back gave out and I was rendered unfit to pick up my baby. I miss being a mommy. Everyday I pray, "I promise I won't complain of another poopy diaper, just help me be well enough to be a mother to my kids." I am an emotional basketcase these days, but found some good laughs and inspiration in Kerry Blair's Counting Blessings. Here's some keepers:
"If you believe that feeling bad or worrying long enough will change a past or future event, then you are residing on another planet with a different reality system." - William James
"Worry not about the possible troubles of the future; for if they come, you are but anticipating and adding to their weight; and if they do not come, your worry is useless; and in either case it is weak and vain, and a distrust of God's providence." - Hugh Blair
I also crave to publicly express gratitude to the dozens of friends and family that have made dinners, cared for the girls, sent encouraging cards and balloon bouquets, lost hours of sleep to help, prayed for our welfare, or done us another act of service. Yet everytime my mind settles on the issue, I am paralyzed by tears of gratitude. Thank you, everyone.
With fear of jinxing myself, it looks like things may be taking a turn for the better. With some luck our family may be able to spend at least a week all under the same roof before Janson's upcoming rotation. In our case distance does make the heart grow fonder!
3 comments:
Lynn, I am sorry for all that you have had to go through, I hope that you will be feeling better soon. You are in our prayers. If you need any help with the girls or anything please call me. I would love to help. I know it it is hard but this to will pass. I hope all is getting better! Let me know if i can help. Aimie
Oh Lynn I'm so sorry. What a wonderful mother you are. I'm keeping you in my prayers, you deserve to change poopy diapers every day:)
Lynn, I'm so sorry. I wish you could get back to full-time motherhood, too. Although, I have a wild (not so wild) guess that you're doing as much as you possibly can to take care of your girls and husband. We've prayed for you and will continue to do so.
Post a Comment