Coconut Chicken Curry

Curry has not been a favorite of mine, so it's a big deal that I still drool at the thought of this dish. It's a crockpot recipe, which gives it extra points in my book. The recipe is so easy I can tell you the basics off the top of my head:
- browned boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I cut them into 2-3 in. chunks)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
Dump it all in the crockpot and cook on low at least 5 hrs. That's the general idea. Serve over rice, and waa-laa!
This came from my all-time favorite food magazine/website, Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking. They always have fun stuff to try: tonight I tested out their Spinach Feta Frittata and tomorrow it'll be their Apricot-Glazed Salmon. Fun times. I'm no chef: my goal is to not burn or ruin any expensive food. Sounds easy, right? Ha.
2 comments:
sounds like the tin foil trick worked! thanks for posting this site, i'm always looking for healthy recipes. :)
Your comment about cooking abilities reminds me of HS and forgetting to put eggs in the brownies. :) However, I know firsthand your skills have totally improved since then! I love the recipe box you gave me and will have to try this one out and add it to it. Sounds SO yum!
Post a Comment