Thursday, July 17, 2008

Memories: Fruit Roll-Ups

I don't remember this picture being taken. I don't even remember who is on the left. But I like the shot. I was six years old, and my brother on the right was four. We're sitting outside of our Glenview, IL townhome chompin' down on some fruit roll-ups. I'm already showing a good deal of attitude at six years old.

Now it's your turn! Leave a comment with a memory you have of me, and then post your own memory on your blog. Thanks Heidi, for the great idea. I'm excited to see everyone's memories!

7 comments:

Butler Family said...

I remember after the recipe swap that we stayed a couple of extra hours and we talked and got to know each other better and that was such a fun day. Hope to do it again soon

Brad & Mary said...

I remember when we were little making dolls out of old material scraps and rags at grandma's. Oh and dressing up in all those old dresses that was always our thing. I remember a picture of us dressed up somewhere but can't find it. maybe you have more luck.

betsy said...

Doubling up for Winter Ball!! That was fun.

Julianne said...

Oh, I love fruit rollups...I've been craving them for about a month now. Love them.

And Ryan is so excited to see Wall-E---I don't think we knew that there is an environmental message behind it. So we'll have to see it.

Memories...how about being in A Richards together and you wore a white dress to some dance...was it with James Swan??? Ha, I haven't remembered him for a long long time. There were quite a few late nights spent in yours and Rachel's room talking. Fun.

Heidi said...

this one isn't really a FUN memory, but i remember one of the first sundays here you taught the lesson in RS and it rocked!! i was so impressed and thought "i have to go home and write that down for future reference". ;)

Holm Life said...

My first memory of Lynn was that when Janson came home for Emily and James' wedding, he spent most of his time in the backyard on the cell phone with a pretty redhead in Hawaii Of All Places. I thought, she must be someone pretty special for him to do that!

Carolyn Jefferson said...

One of my favorite memories is when you were here, well here as in Monroe Township, and we were living in the old house at the time. Eric, Sara, Katie & you played and sang the "Wheels on the Bus" for a long time. Eric & you had set up four chairs in a roll. Sara (about 1 1/2 - 2 years old) & Katie (about 2 1/2 or 3 years old) always sat in the middle of the bus. (I think the excuse was that they needed protection & were too little to drive a bus!) Eric & you would take turns driving and riding at the back of the bus. I have picture of it somewhere. It was a fun time for all. (I bet you get to hear "The Wheels on the bus go round and round all through the town" lots of times now as a mother! (Maybe you should set up four chairs today and play it again. I guess Mari will always have to be in the middle!)