Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Calling All Good Comedy!

Man, my blog is really boring. Unfortunately, it's a reflection of my boring life of bedrest these past few months. Well, I have a another big life event looming in my near future. Next week I have a surgery scheduled (pseudomeningocele repair) to fix complications from my last surgery. But surgeries aren't the typical fun stuff found on blogs, so I'm not going to burden you with blah blah details.

What I am worried about is the post-op 3-5 days of strict hospital bedrest. Yuck, I've learned that life stuck in a hospital bed is depressing and can wear you down. So here I am asking for help: comedy, comedy, comedy!

For the next week I'm collecting and saving up comedy suggestions: movies, books, magazines, YouTube, TV episodes, etc. What's your favorite comedy? What makes you laugh? I need to know! :)

8 comments:

Heidi said...

bryan regan the comedian has a video called i walked on the moon that's hilarious.

the movie it's a mad, mad, mad, mad world. it's long and an oldie, but soooo funny. ;)

school of rock if you like jack black.

we all wish the best for you with the upcoming surgery. keep your chin up!

Alicia and Devin said...

Oh man...more surgury. That stinks. Our favorite comedy show of all time is The Office...it is really funny and I think you can get seasons at the library or movie store. Bryan Regan is also really funny I second Heidi's suggestion. Good luck and let us know if you guys need anything

Brittons of Provo said...

I don't know what kind of books you are into but my favorite humorous authors are P.G. Wodehouse (old school british humor, but hilarious), Terry Pratchett (Tongue in cheek fantasy), and Dave Barry (humor columnist). Sorry about the surgery, good luck with recuperation.

Brad & Mary said...

I'm sorry more surgery. If it helps when I was on meds after my surgery I watched The Office. I wasn't into it much pre-surgery but there is just something about the mix of painkillers and stupid comedy that kept me laughing. We will keep you in our prayers.

Morgan Hagey said...

I love Friends on DVD. If haven't ever watched, start from the beginning. It's just hilarious!

Colette said...

This you tube video is very entertaining. I've watched 4 times now and still laugh each time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f86qKQJg3Z8

Holm Life said...

this is a good youtube one-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOvqF4ZPDNM. Their blog also has some good stuff-http://failblog.org/
~alissa

Holm Life said...

Erma Bombeck was a favorite newspaper humor columnist and a mother, who unfortunately passed away a few years ago. I mailed off a couple of her books to you today, media mail, so hopefully you'll have them in time to smile grimly at some of her cracks in the comfort of your hospital bed :( We love you! I also sent some sticker books for Grace in the hope it will occupy her at odd moments. Mom Holm