Reading the first few chapters has taken me for ride. The protagonist's six-year old daughter is kidnapped and presumed dead. Oh sad sad! I'm grateful that there are many more chapters to read, as the main character heals spiritually. What this book has done is made me recognize my greatest fear in life: to have one of my children kidnapped. Especially if they are never found again, and the what/where/why and big IF is just left hanging over your head... all.... your... life. Oh my goodness. As of right now, I don't know how I'd mentally handle the stress. I guess that is what William P. Young plans to explore.
Has anyone read The Shack? I'd be interested to hear some comments, some cheers, some rootings as I continue this great read!
3 comments:
OK, so this post makes me think you made it out east A-OK, yes?? We're sorry we didn't get to see you guys...you missed out on some SWEET chicken salad! But I hope you were safe and avoided some/all of the snow. It went south of us kind of at the last minute and drenched Kansas City and we enjoyed the weekend with relatively warm temperatures. What can you say, I guess.
I haven't read it but I want to now~!
I really need to sit down and attack my own copy. I haven't had a "fun read" since Jacob was born. :( You'll have to let me know how it is!
Post a Comment