Mormon women were pretty active in the Women's Suffrage movement. There's a good chance that my own women ancestors played a role in allowing me the right to vote. Here's a picture of Susan B. Anthony with the Utah Women Suffrage leaders. (Just don't ask me which one she is. Feel free to point her out if you recognize her.)

Today is also Bad Poetry Day, so go write yourself a dreadfully bad poem! And because I'm sure you were all dying to know, tomorrow is Snuffleupagus' Birthday! Oh yeah, it's also the birthday of Bill Clinton and the Indianapolis 500 Speedway. I'm particularly fond of Snuffleupagus because it was a nickname of mine in high school.
While researching preschool lesson plans for Grace, I came across this huge list that verifies that, yes, everyday is holiday! Beware, this may give reason for some fairly ridiculous but pretty fun future postings. :) I am especially looking forward to National Punctuation Day, Singing in the Rain Day, National Toasted Marshmallow Day and Toilet Paper Birthday.
1 comment:
Ha ha! I love it! I so knew being LDS promoted being a traditional Feminist! I must check out this list. What a great way to make everyday special.
Thanks for posting it!
Post a Comment