Monday, August 17, 2009

I'm looking forward to...

Three days of...

No washing dishes
No cooking
No picking up toys
No diapers
No laundry

Singing in a choir
Feeling validated for being a mom
Being around hundreds of other women like me
Roaming my college town
Seeing old friends
Attending classes pertinent to my life
Going to the temple whenever I want
... and absolutely NO cleaning.

Does it sound like a fictional fantasy land? The whole no-cleaning-cooking-laundry part does. But that beautiful land exists.

Ever since Janson started traveling all over the country a year and a half ago, he's promised that I'd be able to go on a trip of my own. Last fall I thought, "I'll go to BYU Women's Conference next spring, but that seems too faaaaaar away." Well, the conference came and went, and there is still no logical time in sight when I can make my get away.

So, the other day I made my plans. And they are happening. BYU Women's Conference 2010 here I come. It's eight months away, which gives me plenty of time to make it happen. It's so far away they don't even have any info online yet. But it's also so far away that it gives you women a chance to think about joining me. It would be so much more fun with someone I know! Now, the totally minor and insignificant task of finding someone to watch my kids for four days.

1 comment:

Holm Life said...

It sounds wonderful--either the conference or the kid-tending (too early for me to actually volunteer for that, though!) We'll see how it goes. . . .