Since I have a Young Women calling, I looked up and found some really great related blogs.

The first one, Go Ask Laurel, looks great for Young Women. I sent the link to my Young Women Facebook friends. They can write into Laurel (a Deseret Book employee and seemingly really cool gal) with questions about boys, family, friends, etc. I see how valuable this is because so often the girls ask questions about their life and my mind just pulls out a great big, "HUH?" So not only can the girls peruse and possibly write into Laurel, but I can look through and get ideas about how to respond to the Young Women.

The second blog, Beginnings New, looks like a great resource for us YW leaders. The author is a YW advisor, so she talks a lot about the lessons. This is very refreshing to me. Many of the online YW resources have great hand-outs, clip art and activity ideas. But it's hard to find discussion about the lessons, the theme, and the spiritual and emotional purpose of Young Womens. After reading a few of her posts related to the recent Sunday lessons, I can see how valuable this could be as a teacher. Her posts allow you to exercise your brain power and thoughts in relation to the subject you'll be teaching the Young Women. Whether or not you want to use any of her resources for her lesson, it gets you thinking on the subject.
I thought I'd just pass these resources on to anyone who's interested. Enjoy!
2 comments:
Thanks, Lynn for finding us an liking us. You're right, that's what we're (me & my co-blogger) trying to do, is get a good conversation going about the idea & doctrine behind the lessons. (And, frankly, to expose it when the lesson is shallow on doctrine or unintentionally sends the wrong message because it's so outdated). I speak from personal experience, sometimes it's really easy to get wrapped up in how to present a lesson and not use your God-given intellect to consider just what you're presenting about. I hope you come back often. The blog gets a lot of traffic but not a lot of comments, so feel free to chime in.
right on lynn! thanks for posting this. i love being in YW, and i want to do a good job, so any resources are super helpful. :)
Post a Comment