
Just finished Jason Wright's
The Wednesday Letters. I was sad when it was over. I love books that give hope to the institution of marriage. And not just those Nicholas Spark marriages were everything is always lovey dovey and perfect. What relationship is actually like that? This story shows a few relationships that withstand and endure some very tough and real problems. It's also pro-life and emphasizes the importance of forgiveness. Sometimes the writing was a little bland, but overall I loved the story.

Within the last 24 hours I finished this quick read:
Eggs by Jerry Spinelli. I can always trust Spinelli (author of Maniac Magee) and his wife Eileen for some good entertainment. Although this is a young adult novel, I'd rate the writing much more entertaining and artistic than
The Wednesday Letters. Spinelli strings words together in a refreshing, unusual way. There were many sentences that I read over again just to appreciate the art and image created.
No comments:
Post a Comment