Sunday, April 19, 2009

Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

Elder Dallin H. Oaks quoted this saying at our Stake Conference Broadcast last Sunday. It comes to mind at least a dozen times a day. I love it.

It perfectly aligns with all those other great words: green, frugal, self-reliant, creative, responsible, and my favorite, broke.

3 comments:

Holm Life said...

Interestingly, this was also a favorite quote of my dad, Wayne Nelson, who was a hard worker and a frugal man.

Molly Kay said...

Yes, I love that quote as well. When you mentioned "green" in your list, I immediately knew that you will be perfect in portland! Out there with them hippies... ;)Love em... I'm one too.

A said...

My mom quoted this at least 3-4 times a week growing up. Her Dad would alwasy say it. Its a good quote and a great lesson for us all in the 'upgrade' age