I know it is slightly ridiculous (possibly hideous) looking, but it makes me happy.
I have spent the last couple months carefully taking every single material possession we own and organizing, packing, unpacking, and reorganizing it into it's right, proper and meticulously clean place. While my husband thrives on such order and neatness, the confined limits slowly wear me down. So when the girls went to sleep uncharacteristically early tonight, I decided to create without thought to limits or boundaries.
Here are some good quotes from the talk:
" The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul."
"We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty- and I am not talking about the process of cleaning the rooms of your teenage children." (Woohoo! What fantastic words!)
Here are some good quotes from the talk:
" The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul."
"We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty- and I am not talking about the process of cleaning the rooms of your teenage children." (Woohoo! What fantastic words!)
"Don't let the voices of critics paralyze you- whether that voice comes from the outside or the inside." (Voices that say things like ridiculous or hideous.)
"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit, the greater your capacity to create... As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you."
"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit, the greater your capacity to create... As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you."
7 comments:
I love his talk and I love what you did with it! Colorful and fun. Yes, let's quiet all the critical voices and enjoy the creative journey!
Don't you just love the feeling after completing a crafty project? I LOVED that talk and when I read it for the first time it really hit me like a ton of bricks just why I love making cards.
PS I love love your personalization of the talk and may have to take a leaf out of your book! What a great way to have the amazing and inspiring words in your day to day life!
love it! and i remember loving that talk too. thanks for reminding me. :)
AMEN! I need to get back on that. Maybe when we're done moving...
lynn, i'm proud of you. you are so amazing!
Cute blog Lynn! I do so love seeing the results of my creativity! This was a great idea of yours, and it turned out so fun and cute!
Post a Comment