From a birthday party.
You thought I was going to talk some more about my injection? Nope, that's old news. The birthday party, well, I guess that's old news now. Thank goodness.
Being the first birthday party I've ever hosted, and living in a new town/ward... I didn't quite know what I was doing. We may have had too many girls there. We may have not had enough structured activities planned... or too many. Either way, it is DONE.
Today I'm starting to feel relief. After the entire family slept in until 10AM (I am still dazed and confused about how we made it to church by 10:55am), I realized that I had a tension-induced headache threatening migraine status. It dissipated in time for dinner and a second round of cake/ice cream/presents.
To cut to the chase, I'm glad to celebrate the birth of my first born, but NOW...
I am ready to celebrate the birth of another little baby. I hope we can calmly, quietly, and uneventfully celebrate Christmas for the next couple weeks. And I hope all of you get a little bit of peace and quiet this holiday.
3 comments:
Perfect!
Hi Lynn,
I am Janson's cousin Marie, and I have a piece of wisdom that came after MUCH birthday party induced pain! The rule for parties is "you only invite the same number of guests as the birthday child is turning"--so a 1 y/o gets one guest, but an 8 y/o gets 8. It keeps moms from getting out of control (never mind kids on a sugar-high!) Also, for sleepovers, it is divided in half, so an 8y/o gets 4 sleepover guests!
Once I was invited to a birthday party for a one year old that had 80 people on the guest list, and a bouncy castle! The insanity! HOW do you follow that up?!
Enjoy a peaceful Christmas with your beautiful fairy girls!
Merry Christmas! We miss you guys today. Harry loved his lego set-- it was the first new toy we tackled today. Hope you guys had a great day! Sorry I never check your blog. I forget to because I don't see when you post something new. I am lazy, but I'll do better. I love hearing about other people having crazy lives! :) XOXO
Post a Comment