Thursday, December 10, 2009

Survived

I survived the big needle. It actually ended up being two spinal-area injections (between L4 and L5, and between L5 and S1, for any who care). Having things poking/moving around back there feels scary and unnatural. Having once endured a month-long spinal leak and spinal headache, I'm a little nervous about these things.

I was trying my best to stay calm as I stared at a beautiful outlet and listened to the nurses/doc discuss ways to make the room more sterile. Finally I admitted that I was beginning to freak out, and a nurse came over and started talking to me about the girls. We had a nice little discussion about their upcoming birthday party. Nurses can save the day. :) Doctors aren't so bad, either...

I survived the procedure, but I really shouldn't have gone out to eat afterwards. Even if I did discover that Laughing Planet makes AMAZING burritos and the girls loved the "funny one-eyed place". For all you bike-minded people out there (and Portland has a plethora), they make their burritos to fit perfectly into a bike water holder.

1 comment:

sara said...

1. next time i'm in portland lets go get those burritos.

2. so our pain really does start in the same place! 'cept mine is L5 and L6. lol.

3. i'm really glad you survived it. as i was reading that (before the nurse came over and started talking to you) i started freaking out. i was like. nooo she can't go through this with nothing! eeeeeks. buuut it was all okay. :-D

4. i hope it continues to help. i love you.