Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tsk at your own risk!

Confession:
I lashed out at a woman in Walmart who had the nerve to "tsk-tsk" my parenting skills. Not only was she making her disapproval obvious, but she was sharing her disapproval with fellow by-standers. Ugh.

My words of advice: if you see a mother of young children in need of assistance, just help her out or give her one of those "we've all been there" looks. Tsk-ing will only incur the wrath of a fiery young woman. Coming from a mother who views daily lessons on how to conduct an efficient and painfully public tantrum, you simply DO. NOT. WANT. TO. GO. THERE.

In the way of other news...

Tomorrow I'm getting an epidural steroid injection for my lower back. Since the pain has progressively returned in the past year, it's about time to do something. I have very high hopes that this injection will help me progress in physical therapy and strengthening my back. In the mean time, I've been prepping for the worst- a couple days of bed rest. I doubt recovery will be that bad, but the TV is always a great back-up babysitter. And I've stocked the refrigerator with prepared dinners for the rest of the week, so at least we won't starve.

This injection is actually an answer to prayers. One of my small miracles in life was being able to schedule it for the ONLY week day Janson has off in December. I'm not too worried about the injection, although I shake a bit at the thought of a big scary needle digging around my spine.

Saturday the girls are having a joint fairy birthday party. It's the first time I've hosted a birthday party, and I was excited for about the first two weeks of planning. Right about now I'm ready to just do it and get on with Christmas. Visions of fairy wands, wings, and all things glitter dance around my head, and swim before my eyes. I've learned a few good lessons for future parties, but I think Saturday will be a very fun, memorable experience for the girls.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

i wanna know what you said to the lady!! did you put her in time out right there on the spot? ;)

good luck with the injection, i hope it gives you some relief.

the fairy party sounds like it will be magical!!

Brad & Mary said...

Good luck with the shot and have fun with the Fairy birthday party. I'm sure it will be great.

April said...

I wish I could be there to help you.

Holm Life said...

You go girl-- speaking from experience, sometimes the old ladies need some education! As for the injection--glad it went well. Wish I could be there to tend! I'm home now-- and we'll let you know about Christmas time. Things went pretty well in I F this week.