Friday, January 9, 2009

Who's tired of snow?

My sister sent me this picture:

I think it's pretty fitting, since Sara got stuck in a bad storm driving from Idaho to Wisconsin. Her escapade included unplanned stays in Billings, Bismark, and a new set of tires. I hope we have better luck when we make the reverse trip in a a few weeks, especially since we'll have a three year old and one year old in the back seats.

Now this is my brother's picture:

He's a Recreation Management major at BYU-I, and over the break he did a week long "Winter Summit" trip in the Idaho mountains. He earned three well-deserved credits in that week. Where are my sister's credits for surviving her trip across the plains?

As of three days ago our snow had nearly all melted away. Then Grace said, "It's snowing, it's snowing!" I didn't even look out the window because, frankly, I didn't believe her. I figured she was looking at a little pile of snow outside, or more likely, has just begun to see snow floating in front of her eyes ALL THE TIME. In the end, she was right, and it is still going strong.

I haven't been out in the snow too much this winter, but I wouldn't mind being done with it. Yesterday I was daydreaming about hiking trails and playgrounds. (And NOT the hiking trail pictured above.) Soon enough! For now I need to enjoy the beautiful white winterland. I know that come August I will be daydreaming of sledding, snowball fights and snowmen.

Need to vent about your own little (or big) snow experience this winter? Do share. :)

3 comments:

Eric Oba said...

well, you also failed to mention that I got stuck in the Atlanta Airport for 10 hours because of weather problems as i was going out to see my fiancee in ohio! ugh!! and then when i got back to IDaho on christmas day my car got stuck TWICE!! but.. .. winter summit WAS AMAZING hahaha :)i love snow!

A said...

We almost didn't make it to Jon's sealing because the city decided they can't afford to plow the roads(they made this cut in the middle of Novemeber).... So a drive that is usually 5 minutes was over a half hour. Needless to say we now have new tires and rims as the snow did quite the number to the stupid low profile wheels some moron put on the Hyundai(it wasn't Ryan and now I can sleep easy knowing my tires won't die with all of the pot holes). They don't even make chains for that kind of a rim. Who does that? Who tries to pimp out a sedan in a place where it snows a lot? Anyway, at least we have better tires now and can be prepared for the worst in a city that no longer provides the benefit of living in a city...

Morgan Hagey said...

You read my snow rant already. :) Trade ya! ;)