
So now I'm reading a book written by a girl from my old ward. I've only read a dozen or so pages, but I've already gained an eery paranoia. Some of the characters seem very similar to people from that ward. Perhaps it's a coincidence. I have a feeling that I'll stumble upon even more "coincidences" as the novel progresses. My paranoia is that she's going to write about me. My sister has diagnosed this as a paranoia and not a legitimate concern because I don't remember holding a conversation with this girl. I was only in the ward for eight months so I probably entered and left her world without making a dent. Yet I have this narcissistic concern that somewhere in this book she publicly humiliates me. This is driving me to finish the book and rid myself of the fear.
Leaving this self-centered train of thought, the finding of this book has opened my eyes. I read her bio and saw her picture and thought, "Wow, we're really all growing up." People my age are really starting to go places and do things. I've been watching this slowly happen lately, especially with old high school buddies. Oddly enough, I seem pretty satisfied to watch others climb the ladder into the spotlight of fame while I contently sit at home with my two babes.
2 comments:
Being a mom is moving up in the world. Maybe you should put that book down and read this one http://deseretbook.com/store/product?sku=4973690
Sounds like you get pretty into your reading. Mandy totally does too. She just got three HUGE books from a friend and so i think i wont be seeing her much for the next year LOL. Anyways, real cool of you to post about my show on your blog. Thanks fo the support. I hope one day to play for you all the friends. Laters :)
Post a Comment