Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Movie Review: I Am Legend


This is belated for you theater-goers, but I just watched I Am Legend via my Blockbuster Online queue. This reveals how often I casually talk with theater-goers (aka the pre-parents, teens, or parents who actually get babysitters and go on dates), but I hadn't heard anything about this movie before viewing. Will Smith's work reminded me of Tom Hank's acting in Cast Away. Poor guy didn't have many actors to feed off of, besides the dog. I kept thinking in my head, "This is going to be a great movie... this is going to get great." And then it ended, before it ever got great. Or at least great enough for me. The plot was a crazy idea and I lost a bit of sleep afterwards, but I still feel unfinished. About recommending it to others, I'm undecided. I think you should still see it (if you're ok with vampire-type creatures), but be prepared for an abrupt ending. Oh, and don't watch it with your two year old in the room. That was not one of my smart decisions as a mother.

1 comment:

Ken Hoglund said...

haha, that is really funny that you posted a blog about this movie, because Amy and I just rented this movie last night and watched it. Amy had already seen it, but I enjoy watching Will Smith's work, but found it to be rather slow in parts which made the remote come in handy for fast forwarding. Anyways thanks for checking out our blog, come on over to my blog as well sometime.