Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Superman


I tried to give my husband the silent treatment. I lasted 20 hours, 18 of which were spent sleeping or he was at work. It is pretty ridiculous when you're the only two adults in the house. After spending the day with my beautifully innocent daughters, listening to some uplifting music, and gaining some sense, I was able to reassess what I believed to be his "crime" deserving of such treatment: being overly helpful. Oxymoron, I know. Within six hours of getting home from work yesterday, my husband tidied up the house, changed a number of diapers, unloaded clean dishes, loaded crusty dishes, took out a couple loads of trash, went to the store and managed the kids while I shopped, lugged groceries and diaper boxes up two flights of stairs, got dinner so I wouldn't have to cook, bathed a child, and got my anti-sleep child asleep. Ok, so maybe I'm omitting some dialogue, but nothing extremely significant. I am obviously not the most grateful wife. Basically, I think my husband is absolutely amazing and somewhere along the way I get jealous of his Superman abilities. I watch him go, go, go and do it all, and wish I could do it all too. One day at a time, that's all I can give. Luckily I have him to help me where I fall short. Isn't that how it's supposed to work? So, thank you Janson for all you do. I love you.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Sounds like Paul and Janson have similiar personalities and I too get mad at him for coming home and doing the dishes b/c it makes me have major guilt that I didn't do it b/c I have been home all day long and either couldn't find the time or just didn't want to. It is something I try really hard not to let bug me but I am only human and I just feel like I should be super mom too. Thanks for sharing

Heidi said...

It must be a daddy thing, not discrediting our supermen of course. Luke just acts better around Dave. It's like he's so relieved when there's another person to interact with that he does whatever Dave wants. (sigh) Mothers get other rewards throughout the day. >:)
Great pics of Grace in the curtains by the way. That's my favorite thing in the entire world!! The way light shines through curtains. Love love love!!!