Monday, March 17, 2008

Tribute to Technology

I love technology. I love innovations that enable us to focus our time and energy on what is important to us. I am grateful for a God that supports a forward-moving people. Seeing that He regards the responsibility of parenthood as one of our most important roles, it seems likely that He had a hand in many technological advances that assist parents. So far in my mothering career I have been unsure how to use technology to be the best mother to my children. I will always be working towards a healthy balance of television and computer time in my home. With the birth of Mari I have begun to appreciate what I call "God-given inventions" that can help parents make it through life: bottles, formula, pacifiers, disposable diapers and sippy cups. I have read enough "hate" literature on most of these products. Here is some love literature! :) I am grateful that these inventions have enabled me to:

1. Go to the temple.

2. Magnify my church calling.

3. Focus on both of my children.

4. Get enough sleep to care for my children more safely and patiently.

5. Eat a little less chocolate! :) (see previous post)

4. Support my husband in his role as father.

That said, I could write an entire post on the benefits and joys of breastfeeding that I experience. The medical professionals are doing a fairly good job in that area, though. May we all enjoy those things in our lives that enable us to be the best parents we can be!

No comments: